Chalet is a people and purpose driven organization. We believe our team is our biggest asset and the key to our success. We pride ourselves in providing an unforgettable guest experience where expertly crafted wines, outstanding food, and unprecedented hospitality come together. The Chalet team is fueled by an unrelenting passion for food and wine, a commitment to quality, integrity and excellence, and a desire to constantly learn, grow and thrive. So apply now for a Line Cook job
A line cook is responsible for preparing food to the exact chef’s specifications, setting up stations for menu items and assisting the executive and sous chefs with their daily tasks. Line cooks work in close collaboration with kitchen staff and must adhere to established health and safety standards. Line cooks also help maintain the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
Required Years of Experience
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including washing, peeling, cutting, portioning, chopping, and storing food
- Weigh, measure, mix and prepare food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist
- Set-up stations with par stocks of menu items, and prepare the dishes designated for that station
- Operate kitchen equipment and use kitchen tools
- Understand portions sizes, cooking methods, ingredients, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portions sizes and recipe specifications
- Stock and put away inventory
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality, and in a timely fashion
- Comply with food handling and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Assist with shift changeover to ensure orders are filled before leaving
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area
- Follow the opening and closing checklists for kitchen stations
- Assist with kitchen inventory and food storage
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings
- Attend professional training sessions as required
- Other duties as assigned
$18-$22/hr based on experience
Day shift, Evening Shift, Weekend Availability
Chalet provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)