Become part of the ARC HR team as you apply for the Human Resource Assistant job! The Salvation Army (TSA), Adult Rehabilitation Centers (ARC), is a no-fee program to assist men & women in completing our drug/alcohol rehabilitation program. Our employees share in the contribution toward maintenance and effectiveness of the program which provides a greater sense of purpose and opportunity.
Our San Jose Adult Rehabilitation Center is seeking a full-time HR Assistant who will provide daily, functional and administrative support to the Human Resources Department. As the first point of contact for employee’s queries on HR-related topics, this role will support the Center Warehouse and Administration as well as 3 retail stores in the San Jose area. The ideal candidate will have prior HR experience, be self-motivated, reliable, detail-oriented and ready to meet the demands of position.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
The Human Resources Assistant works closely with Regional HR Manager in the day-to day tasks responsibilities for the Human Resources Dept., at an ARC Center including, but not limited to administrative tasks, recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, benefits, workers compensation administration, safety and payroll. Although an emphasis will be in recruiting and hiring, this role takes on various HR tasks as described below:
- Maintain staffing matrix for the Center and post job openings for vacant positions
- Review applications and resumes, screen candidates and schedule for interview when applicable
- Responsible for the pre-employment process for new hires including offer letter, background requests and references.
- Provide orientation for new hires and ensure that all of the proper documents are signed and placed in the personnel record.
- Update and maintain I-9 file
- Create new employee personnel file and assure they are maintained according to ARC Command/Review Standards.
Copy employee records as needed
- Assist with employee HRIS entries such as employee changes, deductions, terminations, etc.
- Run various reports as requested by using HRIS and other software
- Notify managers of upcoming employee evaluations schedule
- Make TSAMM entries for Command FC Review
- Set up new employees in OTIS Training website and assign training courses
- Assist with lien and garnishment notices, ensuring that each party receives the correct paperwork and that deduction codes are entered in payroll system.
- Report new WC claims and collect necessary paperwork for work-related injuries
- Ensure all required labor and legal posters are present at each location
- Become familiar with The Salvation Army Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Fulfill duties of Safety Supervisor as described in the IIPP
- Assist with maintenance of OSHA Log 300 and 300A
- Become familiar with company benefits offered and assist enrollment for new hires and annual open enrollment
- Assist with maintenance of records for Authorized Drivers for ARC, including annual MVR and safety training.
- Collect proper forms for DOT Driver Qualification Files
- Provide backup to the Accounting office as necessary for HR/payroll related matters.
- Assist with employment and salary verification requests.
- Other duties as requested by the Administrator, HR leadership or his/her designate.
- AA degree preferred or suitable combination of skills and experience
- Strong computer skills, including email, MS Office and related business & communication tools
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Must be self-motivated, able to work with a minimum of supervision, and able to handle confidential matters
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and able to interact with staff at all levels
- Current valid Driver’s license
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and other office equipment.
- Ability to communicate clearly on the telephone.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is a reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
PAY & BENEFITS OFFERED
This position has a pay range of $23-27/hr. at 37.5 hours per week. Additional weekly hours may be required. Pay offered will be based on prior experience.
- Money Purchase Plan (employer paid)
- 403 (b) Option
- Basic Life Insurance (employe paid)
- Optional Additional Life Ins. for employee and dependents
- Short- & Long-Term Disability plans
- Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Other employee discount benefits
A criminal background and reference check will be performed on final candidate